|21.5cm x 28cm (8.5" x 11")
DetailsCradled in Canada’s geographic centre, Manitoba is home to serene stretches of wilderness interspersed with charming rural communities and rich pockets of outdoor recreation opportunity. Over half of the province’s population lives in the capital city of Winnipeg, leaving the rest of Manitoba wide-open for exploring. In the south, the landscape is a diverse mix of tall grass prairie, pine forest and even desert-like sand dunes. As you move north you will encounter the majestic rock of the Canadian Shield and, further north still, a strip of Arctic tundra along Hudson Bay. Throughout the province, lakes of all shapes and sizes dot the landscape, creating an incredible abundance of fishing opportunities.
To help you navigate this unique part of Canada, this edition of the Manitoba Backroad Mapbook contains extensive updates and upgrades. These include the addition of provincial Crown land areas on the maps, noting fish species for the majority of lakes and the bigger river systems, countless road and trail updates and a plethora of new recreational Points of Interest. The Adventures section has also undergone a through review with notable additions to the Backroads, Hunting, Paddling, Snowmobiling and Winter sections, plus the addition of fish stocking and trail charts.
• 88 detailed topographic maps complete with labeled recreation sites, highways, backcountry roads, trails and other points of interest
• Durable, heavy-duty, spiral bound 21.5 x 28 cm (8.5 x 11 in) Mapbook
• Updated road access, provincial Crown land areas, labeled fish species and more
• Easy-to-use Index divided into Adventure and Map sections
• Distance charts and an advertiser list for easy referencing.